HISTORY AND FORMATION:
Methodism was established in 1906 in Marondera District. It has nine circuits Circuits namely; Marondera, Waddilove, Wedza, John White, Chihota, Gumbonzvanda, Rutanhira, Nenguwo and Zviyambe circuits. The district is also a home of two big institutions which are beacons of many renowned leaders in a number of facets of life, Waddilove and Chemhanza. The work of God is growing steadily in the district which has been seen by the division of the district into Marondera and Kwenda districts. The district covers the greater part of Mashonaland East Province with the furthest circuit about 150 km. Our institutions have remained a flag ship not only in the province but nationally. Demand for boarding places in our institutions has been and continues to be overwhelming. Marondera district is basically a farming community. The Methodist Church in Marondera district has remained a church for the people, with the people and in the people. The church continues to answer and minister to the needs of the communities.
God Almighty has remained true in offering His guidance in all its activities, the community in which we serve and the Methodist family for supporting the work of God. We envision being an Oasis of life, peace, justice and hope.